Transfer and Graduate students

How to apply for housing and dining

1.) Fill out the Transfer/Returning Application

This form lets you select your housing, dining, and personal preferences for living in the halls. Your preferences will guide us in selecting the best placement for you. Please note: Roommate requests are not guaranteed.

2.) Send in payment

A $50 non-refundable application fee, as well as a $200 initial payment, is required when submitting your application for a total of $250. Once you submit the application you will receive an email prompting you how to make this payment.

3.) Receive your housing assignment

Fall applicants will receive their assignments in late June while spring applicants will receive theirs in late June.

Housing and Dining Requirements

Undergraduates attending Missouri S&T who have not yet achieved junior status (60 credit hours), or who have not completed the equivalent of four full semester of academic work, are required to reside in university approved housing.

Exemptions: If you wish to apply to be exempt of the above policy you will need to submit an exemption rewuest form. This form must be turned into the Residential Life office, and can be found on our Forms and Publications page.

Who needs a meal plan?

  • Anyone living in Thomas Jefferson or Residential Commons is required to have a meal plan.
  • Anyone not a junior (60 credit hours) or above, or under 21 is also required to have a meal plan.  

Who doesn't need a meal plan?

  • Anyone living in Miner Village, University Commons, or Rolla Suites who is a Junior or 21+ can choose to not have a meal plan.

Who can get meal plan 5?

  • Anyone living in Miner Village, University Commons or Rolla Suites.
  • Anyone who is a Junior or 21+ (no matter where they will be living)


Please Note: Students will NOT be able to move into the residence hall until proof of the meningitis vaccination has be received and evaluated by Student Health OR a request for a waiver has been submited and approved by Student Health.

Complete your meningitis requirement per Missouri State Law 754 section 174.335 - In order to live in university-approved housing, including fraternities, sororities, and Christian Campus House, a student must have received a meningococcal vaccine. Students who have a medical or religious issue and wish to seek an exemption of the requirement will need to apply for a waiver and have that application approved by Student Health Services. In order for a waiver to be granted, documentation must be submitted supporting the need for a waiver. For more information about the Meningococcal Meningitis policy and infections, please refer to Student Health. You may contact Student Health Services with any questions at or 573-341-4284.

Cancelation Deadlines and fees

Date of 




Before June 1st
June 1 - July 15 $200
July 16 - Opening Day (Fall) $400
After Opening Day $600 + pro-rated room and board charges             

Date of 



Before December 1st
December 1 - 31 $200
January 1 - Opening Day (Spring) $400
After Opening Day $600 + pro-rated room and board charges                         

Have questions?

Department of Residential Life

205 W. 12th St
Phone: (573) 341-4218

Operating Hours

Monday:8am - 5pm
Tuesday:8am - 5pm
Wednesday:8am - 5pm
Thursday:8am - 5pm
Friday:8am - 5pm