- Living Options
- Residential Experience
- Dining Options
- Resources and Forms
How to check-in
Welcome, freshmen Miners!
Your day begins at Hasselmann Alumni House, which is your first stop to moving in to your new place on campus. After you register and receive your key, you can settle in to your new home before heading over to the RHA Move In-Bash.
Miner Move-In is for freshmen only. Returning and Transfer student check-in begins August 19, 2017.
Check-in time and location
Hasselmann Alumni House
August 12, 2017
9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Please Note: No check-ins before 9 a.m.
Wanting to get settled before August 12? You can sign up for early arrival and move in prior to the start of Miner Move-In.
There is an additional fee of $25 per night or $150 per week prior to Saturday, August 12.
Unable to make the designated times for registration? You can register and pick-up your keys directly from the front desk of your residence hall if you arrive after 4 p.m. on August 12.
Please Note: Students checking in late to Farrar will report to the Downtown Front Desk, which is located at 1102 N. Rolla Street.
Move-in like a pro
Prepare ahead of time
- Find your room and roommate(s) on myHousing
- See what your room and residence hall look like (pictures, dimesions, etc.)
- Meet the reslife team
- Don't forget your meningitis vaccination
Know what to bring with you
- Social Security Card (Important for those seeking employment during college)
- Driver’s License
- Miner Student ID
We recommend bringing clothing for a variety of weather, ranging from 90⁰+ during the spring and fall and 30⁰ during the winter. A light jacket, heavy coat, and rain gear such as an umbrella are highly recommended.
- First Aid Kit (Recommend at least Band-Aids and Pain Relievers)
- Nail Clippers
- Razors/Shaving Cream
- Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Wash
- Shower Caddie/Shower Shoes
- Dryer Sheets/ Liquid Detergent
- Laundry Bag/Basket
- Twin Sheets (Extra Long)
- Area Rug
- Alarm Clock
- Bike with Lock
- Board Games
- Can Opener
- Checkbook / ATM Card
- Cleaning Supplies (Basic bathroom/Broom and Dust Pan)
- Dish Soap
- Duffel/Travel Bag
- Fire Safe (Small)
- Garbage Bags/Can
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Movies/Video Games
- Paper Towels
- Padlock w/ Key
- Room Decorations
- Sewing Kit (Needles and Thread or Safety Pins)
- Small Fan
- Flash Drive/Portable Hard Drive
- Surge Protector
- Game Systems
- Unapproved hanging materials, including scotch, duct or electrical tape; gum-type adhesives; 3m strips; or other materials that may damage the paint or walls.
- Laundry pods or tablets; our machines ONLY take LIQUID detergent
- Lofts or bed bunking kits not provided by the university
The following items may be subject to confiscation/reprimand
- Candles or incense (candle warmers are permitted)
- Unapproved pets (see the Residence Hall Guide for the policy regarding permitted animals or pets)
- Alcohol or alcohol paraphernalia (a permit may be obtained in Miner Village apartments, see the Residence Hall Guide for the policy)
- Any tobacco, tobacco derived, or tobacco mimicking products
- Illegal drugs or paraphernalia
- Halogen lamps greater than 300 watts
- Lamps with multiple poseable arms or plastic covers
- Weapons including:
- Sling shots
- Domestic-use knives with blades longer than 4 inches
- Other knives with blades over 2 inches long
- Explosives, fireworks, hazardous materials, or flammable materials
- Open coil space heaters
- Refrigerators over 4 cubic feet
- Cooking appliances, including microwaves over .8 cubic feet, George Foreman grills, and toasters (unless unit contains a kitchen; these items may be used and stored only in the kitchen of the unit)
- Grills or camp stoves
As stated in your contract, students are required to follow all Residential Life rules, regulations and policies during the residence hall contract period. You can find the rules and regulations for all residential locations in the Residence Hall Guide.
Mingle at the RHA Move-in Bash
What better way to end your first day as a Miner than with a huge celebration? You will be treated to live music from Greek bands KA and Delta Sig. Enjoy fireworks and games courtesy of the Residential Hall Association while you meet new friends.
And come hungry: dinner is served around 6 pm and is topped off with ice cream.
Time and location
Havener Center lawn
Saturday, August 12
6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
In case of rain, we will be partying inside Havener Center.